Veterinary College Requirements
Veterinary College educates and trains its students on diagnosing the medical problems being faced by the animals, suggesting treatments for the same to their owners, performing treatments to cure them. In order to become a Veterinary doctor one is required to take admission in an accredited medical college and pursue a relevant medical course.
The job of a veterinary doctor is that of great responsibility and therefore not everyone can get a chance to enter this profession. The admission procedure to veterinary college is also quite stringent; there are several requirements that one needs to fulfill for getting admission to one such course.
Veterinary College Admission Requirement
If you are aiming to take admission in veterinary college you need to fulfill the below mentioned requirements:
- One needs to complete a specific prerequisite course pursued at a university/ college accredited by an agency which is approved by U.S. Department of Education.
- At least an average of 2.50 is needed for the completed science courses and cumulative college coursework. This is required at the time of applying for admission to the veterinary college.
- The next step is to give a general test which is named as Graduate Record Examination (GRE). This examination tests the candidates on three parameters; quantitative, verbal and analytical writing sections. This is to be given on or before the date declared.
- It is essential to clear this examination with good grades as the candidates are short listed based on it.
- The candidates also need to provide three letters of recommendation. Out of these two should be from the veterinarians whom they may have worked with. These letters should talk about the candidate’s potential and interest in this field. The other letter may be from the college professors or academic advisors.
- The short listed candidates are then required to appear for the final interview round based on which they are given admission.
Category: College Requirements