Travel Guide Education Requirements
A travel guide is a professional who is knowledgeable about the history and culture of a particular place or places and informs tourists about it when they come to visit the place. They are an important part of the tourism industry and are hired by hotels, travel agencies or they work independently at the tourist sites to tell the tourists about the place, monument, museum etc in details.
There aren’t too many educational qualifications that you need to be a travel guide but you must finish high school and get a tour guide certificate which will give you more knowledge about how to speak, travels sales and marketing, how to research, about the culture and geography of a destination.
Travel Guide Education Requirements:
- You need to have a high school degree or its equivalent
- There are many vocational or community colleges both online or general which provide travel guide courses that you can enroll in
- The subjects you have to study include an introduction to tourism, travel research, how to make reservations and plan an itinerary and sales and marketing
Travel Guide Degrees, Courses And Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as a travel guide can choose to study the following courses:
- Diploma in Travel Guide/Agent
- Diploma in Tourism
- Associate’s degree in Travel and Tourism
- Associate’s degree in Travel Management
Travel Guide Qualification And Training:
Besides the theoretical qualifications, you also need to improve your computer and analytical skills and be good at communicating with people as a very important part of your job is to interact with people describing them about the sights and scenes of the place
Travel Guide Colleges And Universities:
Travel Guide Wages And Salaries:
A travel guide can earn anywhere between $17,000 and $35,000 a year which may go up according to the company he is hired.
Category: Transportation Education Requirements