Travel Consultant Education Requirements
Travel consultant’s education must focus on all the key responsibilities associated with a travel consultant’s job. A travel consultant is a professional who is responsible for making travel arrangements for their clients. These consultants are required by people to arrange and plan their vacations or business trips. Hence the education for these consultants must focus on developing a knowledge base about various types of holiday destinations and their education must also emphasize on developing the knowledge about all sorts of travel requirements, so that they can serve their clients effectively. One major aspect of the travel consultant’s job is the interaction with client about holiday planning and arrangements. Hence their education curriculum must also focus on developing strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Travel Consultant Education Requirements:
- To pursue your career in travel and tourism consultancy you must pass high school with excellent marks in any stream.
- The candidates looking forward for career in the field of travel and tourism must possess bachelor’s degree in tourism or any closely associated stream.
- A post graduate degree in the field related to tourism will surely give an edge to the candidate.
Travel Consultant Education Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
A travel consultant is required to possess following certifications and degrees in order to have a successful career in the field of tourism:
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in travel and tourism
- Bachelors of Arts in Travel and Tourism
- Certificate courses or diplomas in hotel management, travel and tourism planning & principles or similar courses
- These candidates are also required to pass the certification exam to obtain CTA (certified travel associate) or CTC (Certified travel consultant) credential.
Travel Consultant Education Qualification and Training:
To be a successful travel consultant, one needs to possess formal education related with this field, but along with the education, candidates are also required to develop requisite skill set in this field. These candidates are required to be accurate, well-organized, courteous, detail oriented and must possess keen interest in travelling & travel destinations. These candidates are also required to possess sales and marketing skills to attract maximum clients.
Travel Consultant Education Colleges and Universities:
Travel Consultant Education Wages and Salaries:
In the field of travel and tourism, a good consultant who has the quality to satisfy his client’s requirements can earn lucrative salaries. The average salary in this field is around $30,000 – $65,000. The salary amount is completely dependent on the number of clients handled by the consultant and salary therefore is not fixed.
Category: Hospitality Education Requirements