Trauma Nurse Education Requirements
The job of a trauma nurse is to work in the critical and emergency departments while taking care of patients and ensuring that things are under control. According to various state requirements, candidates who would like to become a trauma nurse need to possess proper registration and certification. The trauma nurse should have the capability of dealing with emergency cases with proper patience and accurate care. They generally deal with cases like fatal ailments or diseases, burn or accident cases, suicide attempted patients, etc.
Candidates should be highly skilled if they would want to become a trauma nurse in any of the leading hospitals. They should have the right kind of education in nursing and must be able to work under multiple complexities with care and caution.
Trauma Nurse Education Requirements:
- Regarding the educational qualification, candidates who would want to become a trauma nurse should have completed their degree or diploma courses in trauma nursing.
- These are generally short to medium term courses that are conducted by various medical colleges of good repute.
- Candidates should be particularly aware of certain subjects like accident cases first aid and surgery, HIV patients care, trauma management, etc.
- The trauma nurses should follow all the established nursing practices during their work practice and it should comply with all ethical and legal aspects related to the job.
- Candidates are expected to work well under pressure, have calmness of mind, provide immediate relief and care to patients and possess good interpersonal skills.
Trauma Nurse Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
The following mentioned courses are majorly considered as the most-sought after courses in order to become a traveling nurse. They are:
- AAS in Medical Assisting
- AS in Nursing
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN Completion)
- RN to MSN Bridge Program
- Diploma in Practical Nursing
- AS in Registered Nursing
Trauma Nurse Qualification and Training:
Candidates who work as trauma nurses would sometimes have to travel in vehicles for ensuring immediate patient care. They generally are posted in the casualty department and emergency wards. This needs candidates to meet the training and licensing requirements as put forth by the state regulatory bodies.
Trauma Nurse Colleges and Universities:
Trauma Nurse Wages and Salaries:
As a trauma nurse, candidates can find many job openings in health care, long term rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, family medicine, hospitals, etc. About 38% of the workforce working as a trauma nurse in the US has a work experience of 1-4 years. The hourly rate paid to a trauma nurse lies between $13 and $23. The total pay per annum, therefore, ranges between $27,000 and $50,000.
Category: Nursing Education Requirements