Seaman Education and Job Requirements
Seaman is one of the important members in deck department in a ship. Seaman is an unlicensed member of the ship. He operates assigned jobs on the deck. He can be a day worker, maintainer of ship, sentry, including other duties. This person is responsible for performing life saving equipments, damage apparatus and helmsman works. A ship can have a number of seamen. The process of hiring a seaman is not difficult. Given factors will help you to simplify it:
Seaman Education Requirements:
- An able seaman should be trained from a certified institution; minimum of a year is required.
- Contender with training of deck of 18 months is preferred.
- Applicant is with OSV training of six months is preferred.
Seaman Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate should be aware of all the apparatus and life saving equipments and should be able to use them at right time.
- Candidate with the knowledge of natural terms and sea terms is required.
- Contender must be capable of handling mechanical repair and technical features of apparatus.
- A candidate who has the knowledge of operations to be performed and who understands the readings of digital apparatus is preferred.
- Candidate should be aware of principles of hitches, bends, knots and compass is required.
Thus the above are the given requirements for a person to be a seaman.
Category: Hospitality Education Requirements