Sailing Education and Job Requirements
Sailing is a profession that entails the working of a person on a sea vessel. A sailor needs to have technical expertise to maintain and repair the ship as and when required. Apart from this the duties of a sailor include preparation of dock equipment, cargo-handling equipment etc. The higher the qualification acquired by the sailor the better will be the seniority they can expect in their career ladder.
- Minimum high school pass is compulsory with majors in mathematics, physics and chemistry.
- The person should get Certification in warfare from an approved state or federal government academy.
- The person should get qualification in fire safety and also fire fighting equipment.
- The person should obtain seaman papers though it is not compulsory to start a career as a sailor.
- The person should also have certification in ship technology.
- Even marine engineering degree can be obtained to begin at a higher cadre while it is not mandatory.
- A minimum experience as a sailor with any of the private or government port authority.
- The candidate should be of minimum 19 years of age.
- The candidate should have passed the coast guard examination and certified as an able sailor suitable to take up all activities on a ship.
- The candidate should be willing to work in any shift and stay away from home for long periods of time.
- The candidate should be aware of safety regulations on deck and also the hazards associated with the job profile of a sailor.
Category: Sports Education Requirements