Requirements for Student Pilot Certificate
Many students each year aspire to acquire the student pilot certificate however, only a few are able to attain it. This is because acquiring this certificate is an easy task. There are a number of requirements that one needs to fulfill in order to acquire a student pilot certificate. Taking admission in flying classes alone does not make you eligible for attaining this certificate.
It is essential to understand that the student pilot certificate is required before you are allowed to fly solo. The requirements for acquiring student pilot certificate are mentioned in detail in this article.
Requirements for Acquiring Student Pilot Certificate
The below mentioned requirements should be fulfilled in case you wish to acquire student pilot certificate:
- The candidate must be at least 16 years of age.
- In case you intend to pilot a glider or balloon then your age should be 14 years or more.
- The candidate must be able to understand, speak, read and write the English language.
- The required documents for age proof need to be submitted by the students.
- It is essential to have a medical certificate: at least a current third class.
- You are required to get a physical examination done. After completing the physical examination you are required to give request to an FAA authorized aviation medical examiner to issue a combined medical certificate and student pilot certificate.
- The candidates who are not able to clear the physical examination are required to contact their local FAA office.
Validity of the Student Pilot Certificate
- A student pilot certificate is valid only for 24 months from its date of issue.
- Also one needs to know that a student pilot certificate cannot be renewed.
- However, you have the option of getting a new student pilot certificate. And the requirements for getting a new student pilot certificate is the same as the one mentioned above.
Category: Certificate Requirements