Rehabilitation Therapist Education Requirements
A Rehabilitation Therapist is a person who works with people with physical injuries or disabilities to help them with movement through physical therapies. These professionals work with individuals who have problems like arthritis, stroke, and injuries in the neck, back and arms, or any other such physical condition. The main task of a rehabilitation therapist is to provide comfort and remove physical limitations among people of all age groups.
In order to become a rehabilitation therapist, one must fulfil certain education requirements as well as academic and training qualifications. Since the job is not just limited to treatment and therapy, but also diagnoses and prevention, excellent level of training and experience is also required to perform well at this job. The following is a detailed account of the education requirement for this job.
Rehabilitation Therapist Education Requirements:
- The candidate who wants to be a rehabilitation therapist must first complete high school education from a recognized school.
- The next step is to complete a bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from a recognized or accredited college or university.
- Completing master’s level education in the sale field or subject is also a mandatory requirement.
- The course deals with subjects like pharmacology, neurology and musculoskeletal disorder among others.
Rehabilitation Therapist Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
The following is a list of all the degrees and courses which a person needs to accumulate to become a rehabilitation therapist.
- High school diploma from an accredited school.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from a recognized university or college.
- Master’s degree in Physical Therapy from a recognized university or college.
- One also needs to pass the National Physical Therapy Exam and get a license to practice as a rehabilitation therapist.
Rehabilitation Therapist Qualification and Training:
It is true that education and the right academic qualifications can help a person become a rehabilitation therapist but in order to get a meaningful job and perform well in this field of work, the right amount of training is also needed. One can join an internship or a training program in physical therapy before starting search for a permanent job and gain the required amount of experience and expertise in dealing with patients.
Rehabilitation Therapist Colleges and Universities:
Rehabilitation Therapist Wages and Salaries:
The salaries of rehabilitation therapists can vary from job to job but on an average, the annual median salary which one can expect to earn at this job is between $ 50000 and $80000.
Category: Medical Education Requirements