Radiographer Training Requirements
Radiographer training requirements consist of those training modules which a person interested in a job as a radiographer must complete so that he gets knowledge about the various aspects of this field. Radiology is type of diagnostic evaluation where imaging technologies like X-rays or sonography is used to study the organs and bones of person’s body.
A radiographer must have the right training to perform various radiology examinations so that the doctor can detect what is wrong with the patient and can suggest necessary treatment. He should be properly trained so that he has the knowledge of how much radiation exposure is safe and will not endanger the patient.
What Are The Different Areas In Which One Can Get Radiographer Training?
Radiology is a vast field and as the imaging technologies have improved, the responsibilities have narrowed down to specialized fields. Here are few areas where a radiographer can get trained:
- Radiation Therapy Technologist
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Mammography Technologist
- Radiologist Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
What Educational Training Is Needed To Become A Radiographer?
- You can do a bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree course in subjects like radiography, medical technology, cardiovascular sonography, radiologic technology etc to get the necessary theoretical and practical training in this field
- It is possible to get specialized training in specific fields once you get the basic training
- There are some states which need you to have a license or certificate by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
What Additional Training Is Needed To Become A Radiographer?
- You must also get computer training and know how to operate the medical equipment and machines needed for the procedures
- The equipment that you need to be familiar with include X-ray machines, film processors, archiving systems etc
- You have to complete a clinical perceptorship where a student will be supervised by a radiologist and he must complete at least 500 cases
Category: Training Requirements