Purchasing Agent Education Requirements
A purchasing agent is a key role performed in the purchasing department. The purchasing agent is responsible for purchasing goods, services, raw materials, etc which are required by the production department. They should ensure that there is appropriate stock of materials and are in availability whenever the production department needs them. This is important for the streamlined production of operations in a manufacturing firm. Candidates who want to become a purchasing agent should possess education in operations, acquisitions, contract management, etc through various business management courses. The following will provide you the information on the educational and training requirements and degree courses for the position of a purchasing agent.
Purchasing Agent Educational Requirements
- Candidates should have a marketing management degree or an operations management degree in order to qualify for the position of a purchasing agent.
- Candidates can take up master of business management to obtain the requisite education and they should also try to obtain internship from a reputed purchasing firm.
- Candidates would be eligible to get training while on the job. But prior experience if the purchasing department is preferable.
- Candidates should know how to look for cheapest suppliers depending on the location and cost advantage. They should also make the inbound supply chain of the companies cost effective.
Purchasing Agent Degree, Courses, and Certifications
Candidates who would like to become a purchasing agent can concentrate on enrolling for the following courses:
- Master of Business Administration – General
- Diploma in Acquisition and Contract Management
- BS in Business Administration – Purchasing
- AAS in Business Administration
- BS in Business Administration – General
Purchasing Agent Qualifications and Training
To become a purchasing agent, candidates should not only possess master degree education in operations or marketing, but they should also focus on gaining hands-on experience. There is no particular training to be obtained. Candidates should have good business acumen and should be able to manage details intricately. They should also try to develop their industry knowledge to deal with the best suppliers and business partners.
Purchasing Agent Colleges and Universities
Purchasing Agent Wages and Salaries
The sectors that are in the continuous lookout for purchasing agents are manufacturing and distribution, retail or wholesale distribution, food manufacturing, agriculture, food service, etc. According to the salary estimates of Pay Scale and released in the form of the National Salary data, the annual salary of a purchasing agent lies between $28,000 and $62,000 per annum with the median salary being about $46,000 per annum.
Category: Agriculture Education Requirements