Production Accountant Education Requirements
A production accountant is responsible for handling all the finances and keeping records of financial transactions that is incurred during the production of film or show. They mainly work with the producer of the film and are part of the production department that creates the schedules and budgets for the productions.
In order to know how to manage the regular accounting work as well as make financial reports on the production’s budget and expenditure. One needs to have the right educational qualifications and the requirements consist of knowledge of film production, federal laws and regulations and various matters related to taxes. They must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
Production Accountant Education Requirements:
- At high school level, you should try to take part it school productions of plays and manage the finances to get a idea of the work in a small scale
- Take subjects like math, accountancy and do you bachelor’s degree in accountancy
- Although there is usually no specific course for production accountancy, you can gain knowledge by working directly with production houses
Production Accountant Degrees, Courses And Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as a production accountant must possess one or more than of the following degrees and certifications:
- Associate’s degree in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Master’s degree in accounting
Production Accountant Qualification And Training:
After finishing their bachelor’s degree in accounting, they should try to get as much work experience as possible in the film industry to understand the various nuances of the job. Knowledge of more than one language also helps.
Production Accountant Colleges And Universities:
Production Accountant Wages And Salaries:
The salary of a production assistant depends on whether he is a freelancer or hired by the production house and how big the producers are.
Category: Accountant Education Requirements