Practical Nurse Education Requirements
The area which has to be taken care by the practical nurses is patients with accidents or ailments. The candidates who would like to become a practical nurse should report to a supervisor or a senior doctor. The work location of the practical nurse could either be home, clinical, medical center, nursing home or a hospital.
Candidates who are aiming to become a practical nurse must have the educational requirements, certification requirements and experience requirements in mind before applying for a position of a practical nurse. They need to have a license as per state requirements. Below given are all the details pertaining to practical nurse education.
Practical Nurse Education Requirements:
- Candidates should start off by completing their high school diploma or graduation courses soon after completing their high school and secondary school.
- Candidates should gain certification as a registered nurse before applying for the position of a practical nurse.
- Candidates should also be good at subjects like mathematics and psychology after from medicine and nursing.
- To gain certification, candidates should enroll into the licensed practical nursing training course that gives the candidates the requisite skills in order to become a practical nurse.
Practical Nurse Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
There are many popular schools and colleges that teach excellent courses in practical nursing. Below given are some of the course programs that are most preferred by students:
- MS in Nursing – Adult Nurse Practitioner
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- AAS in Medical Assisting
- DNP in Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
- Post Masters Certificate – Family Nurse Practitioner
Practical Nurse Qualification and Training:
Practical nurse training programs are being conducted by most top schools and colleges. Candidates would also be subjected to health screenings and immunization tests and would be determined fit to pursue the career as a practical nurse. Candidates who would gain a combination of classroom training and practical knowledge through work experience in projects, internships, or full time work would be in a better position to secure job as a practical nurse.
Practical Nurse Colleges and Universities:
Practical Nurse Wages and Salaries:
Candidates who want to become practical nurse should work in popular industries like nursing home, health care, long term care and rehabilitation centers, hospitals, health care services, etc. Employers would expect candidates need to have 10-19 years of experience. According to the salary estimates of Pay Scale and released in the form of National Salary data, the annual compensation of a practical nurse lies in the range of $27,000 and 50,000. The median salary is about $38,000 per year.
Category: Nursing Education Requirements