Pilot Medical Certificate Requirements
Under certain cases pilot medical certificates are not needed. For example, if the pilot will be operating a balloon or a glider, then he or she does not require a pilot medical certificate. However in every other situation, when the pilot will be flying solo in an aero plane, helicopter gyroplane or airship, there is need for a pilot medical certificate. The requirements for this are quite stringent, and it must be obtained after passing the normative medical tests conducted by an FAA approved medical supervisor.
In order to become a pilot and obtain a medical certificate, some rules must be followed, and these include both educational and physical suitability. For example, a pilot is required to complete certain courses and obtain certain degrees before he becomes eligible for the medical tests conducted by the FAA.
Pilot Medical Certificate Education Requirements:
- The pilot must have passed high school at least with the required academic performance. He must have completed his graduation before applying for a flying test.
- The pilot must pass the flying test examination, which is written, and which is conducted by an FAA approved proctor. In case he does not pass the test, then additional and supplementary study will be required in the fields deemed unsatisfactory.
- The pilot must also complete a practical examination 24 months after the written test and a mandatory 40-hour flying test [in stages] before being eligible for the medical certification test.
Pilot Medical Certificate Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
The following degrees, courses and certifications are required by a pilot for a medical certificate:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Certificate issued by FAA upon passing written, and practical exam
Pilot Medical Certificate Qualifications and Training:
A pilot must demonstrate 20/20 vision, complete and perfect hearing and so on for the certificate. He must also have an understanding of ground rules, aviation regulations and the like.
Pilot Medical Certificate Colleges and Universities
Pilot Medical Certificate Wages and Salaries:
Such a person earns anything between 60,000 to 120,000USD per annum
Category: Certificate Requirements