Pastry Chef Education and Job Requirements
Pastry Chef Requirements
As the title of the position suggests, the pastry chef has got expertise in preparing delicious pastries for the customers. Pastry is an extremely popular food item that has a fan flowing on various occasions. People from different backgrounds and of various age-groups like good pastries. The pastries are sold in retail eatery outlets, at restaurants, clubs and hotels. The pastry chef has the prime task to experiment with various sweetening flavors of the pastries. He or she needs to have ample knowledge about the mould of the flour, the cream quality and sweetening agents that are used to make pastries. Often the pastry chef works in a team of chefs.
- A high school degree from a reputed educational institute with good grades in any stream.
- An under graduate degree in culinary studies or in a subject similar to this stream is of great advantage.
- Certificate courses in cooking and preparing pastries is a big plus for the candidate.
- Experience in projects and assignments of pastry-making from accredited training institutes are highly favorable.
- A minimum experience of 10 to 12 months in preparing pastries is genuinely appreciable.
- Must be having clear ideas about the various flavors of pastries.
- Should be able to do different kinds of experiments while preparing the pastries.
- The interested applicants must be aware of both the traditional and the unorthodox ways of preparing pastries.
- The candidate must also know to market and sell the pastry products to the targeted customers.
Category: Restaurant Education Requirements