Nursing Administration Education Requirements
Nursing Administrators are the health professionals who are responsible for hiring, recruitment, administration and management of nurses and their job responsibilities in a health center or a hospital. A graduate or post graduate level degree and work experience in nursing makes a professional appropriate for the profile of nursing administrator. To take up your [professional career as the nursing administrator, you must start with basic education focusing on science and biology based subjects. The education for these candidates must focus on teaching the nursing skills and qualities to the candidates.
Nursing, being a medical field, requires candidates with sound knowledge regarding medical procedures and treatment methods. Hence, the candidates must be given apt training in nursing and clinical skills, to prepare them for their job responsibilities.
Nursing Administration Education Requirements:
- The candidates who want to pursue their professional career as nursing administrator must pass their high school preferably with science and biology based subjects.
- These candidates can then enroll for bachelor’s and master’s level degrees in nursing.
- To become a nursing administrator, a candidate needs relevant work experience in nursing along with academic qualifications.
Nursing Administration Education Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
A nursing administration aspirant must possess following degrees and certifications, in order to pursue his /her career in this field:
- High school diploma with good marks
- Bachelor’s and master’s in nursing
- These candidates are required to pass the NCLEX-RN examination to become a registered nurse.
- These candidates are also required to obtain Certified Nurse Administrator credential by passing the certification exam organized by American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Nursing Administration Education Qualification and Training:
Along with formal education, practical hands-on training is also very important to become a fully qualified nurse. The hands-on training programs prepare the candidates with the requisite clinical skills and teach the qualities required for handling & caring the patients.
The candidates who want to become nursing administrators must also possess certain qualities like they must possess excellent written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills, management skills, must also be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and that too effectively & efficiently. These candidates must also possess sound knowledge of various hospital functions like patient care, housekeeping, food arrangements etc.
Nursing Administration Education Colleges and Universities:
Nursing Administration Education Wages and Salaries:
A nursing administrator can earn up to $45,000 – $1, 00,00 per year depending on their skills, qualities, experience and academic qualification.
Category: Administration Education Requirements