Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Education Requirements
A nuclear pharmacy technician is someone who gets training and knowledge in the field of nuclear pharmacy that deals with using and combining various radioactive materials to prepare nuclear medicines and treatment procedures. It is a highly technical process involving many chemical and physiological solutions and the final compound can be used to detect the particular disease in the body and also to get rid of the problem.
One needs to be trained properly for this post because the technician controls all the medical equipment required for such treatments and any excess of radiation may cause serious harm to the patient and a lesser amount can make the treatment ineffective.
Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Education Requirements:
- A person interested in becoming a nuclear pharmacy technician should take subjects like math, physics, chemistry and life sciences at the high school level to learn more about this field
- All nuclear pharmacy technicians have a four year Pharm.D. degree from an accredited institute
- It is better to take some extra courses which will widen your knowledge like drug therapy, caring for patients, medical law and ethics etc.
- There is also a certification process where you will have to clear certain criteria and after that you will be licensed by the regulatory board in this area
Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as a nuclear pharmacy technician can choose to study the following courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology program
- Associate Degree in Nuclear Pharmaceutical Technology
- Master of Science in Nuclear Pharmaceutical Technology
Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Qualification and Training:
A nuclear pharmacy technician needs to develop his interpersonal skills and must be calm under stressful situations. He should be focused and have an eye for detail. In order to get certified, he must have at least 4000 hours of training or work experience in this field and also pass the Nuclear Pharmacy Specialty Certification examination. This will give him a license which increases the chances of getting a job.
Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Colleges and Universities:
Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Wages and Salaries:
A nuclear pharmacy technician can hope to earn a lucrative package and the average salaries in this field are $98,000 a year or an hourly salary of $50 per hour. Alaska, California, Alabama and Maine pay the highest salaries which can even go up to $135,000 a year for experienced employees.
Category: Pharmaceutical Education Requirements