Medical Science Liaison Education Requirements
A medical science liaison is a professional who interacts with doctors, medicine regulatory authorities or business investors on behalf of pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology firms, cosmetics or medical equipment companies, and informs them about new medical products, procedures, equipment, medical research etc. They need to have good communication skills, a flair for business and also the scientific knowledge of the products.
The educational requirements in this field need one to have a PhD in subjects like pharmacy, life sciences or medicine so that they can explain the benefits of the drugs and treatments procedures convincingly and effectively to the medical community, investors, regulators and decision makers.
Medical Science Liaison Education Requirements:
- You must take courses like biology, botany, zoology, life sciences, chemistry etc at the school level which will give you a solid basis and help you in the long run even you go for higher studies
- In college you must get a doctorate degree in medicine, epidemiology or pharmacy and also study areas like oncology and cardiology to expand your knowledge
- You should keep yourself up to date on what is happening in the world of medicines, various regulations and rules and for that you can study additional courses on health policy and health economics which will help you interact with policy makers later
Medical Science Liaison Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as a medical science liaison can study the following courses:
- PhD, Medical Doctor
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Technology
- Master of Public Health
- PhD in Public Health
- Doctor of Public Health in Epidemiology
Medical Science Liaison Qualification and Training:
You should develop your communication and networking skills because you will have to build contacts and meet many people to explain them the medical products. You must also work on your research skills and should be aware of the country’s drug regulations and any developments related to the medical products they sell in the market. Good writing skills and experience in a medical publishing house or journal also helps.
Medical Science Liaison Colleges and Universities:
Medical Science Liaison Wages and Salaries:
The entry-level salary of a medical science liaison ranges from $60,000 to $90,000 per year. Those that have more than four years of experience can get up to $120,000 and with more experience one can get over $150,000 in a year. Experience and size of the organization plays a big role in determining the salary.
Category: Medical Education Requirements