Medical Office Assistant Education Requirements
A medical office assistant works in a health care facility like a hospital or clinic where he has to perform various administrative and clerical duties to ensure that the medical office runs smoothly and patients and get treated without any hassles. There are many organizations that provide training to the medical office assistants but there are many certification or degree courses that one can pursue to get the required knowledge and skills.
The educational requirements of this field are at least a high school degree and diploma or certificate on medical assistant training from a vocational or community college. These programs give information about both administrative duties and medical terminologies which will help in this field.
Medical Office Assistant Education Requirements:
- To get a job in this field you first need to finish high school and brush up on your organizational and communication skills
- You can then get a 1-year diploma or certificate from a community college or online institute or a 2-year associate’s degree which will give the training required for this job
- Many organizations hire people with experience but no formal training in this field and provide them training on the job
- Make sure that the programs have been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Health Education Schools Accrediting Bureau.
Medical Office Assistant Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as a medical office assistant can study the following courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
- Associate of Science in Medical Office Management
- Diploma in Medical Office Administration
- MBA in Healthcare Management
Medical Office Assistant Qualification and Training:
The certificate and degree courses will teach you about the computer software needed for the various administrative duties like billing, coding, insurance work, give you knowledge on medical ethics, legal issues and also teach about medical terms and accounting procedures. You can get a certificate from the American Association of Medical Assistants which, though not compulsory, will improve your chances of getting a job and career prospects.
Medical Office Assistant Colleges and Universities:
Medical Office Assistant Wages and Salaries:
The job outlook in this field is very good with employment growing at 34% and the average salary at this field is $28,000. This salary can go up as one gets more experience and if he has more qualifications and is employed by a bigger healthcare organization.
Category: Medical Education Requirements