Kitchen Manager Education Requirements
The ideal kitchen manager’s education must focus on developing a candidate with all the skills and qualities required to perform all the key responsibilities involved in their job. A kitchen manager is a professional who is responsible for supervising and coordinating the staff members in a professional kitchen, and to ensure that the food being prepared in kitchen is as per the customer’s requirements. The other key responsibilities of a kitchen manager is to manage all the kitchen equipment’s, ensure all the safety rules and regulations are being followed and to adhere to the sanitation policies. Hence, their education must prepare the candidates to perform all these responsibilities efficiently and successfully.
Kitchen Manager Education Requirements:
- The aspiring kitchen managers are required to pass high school examinations with good marks.
- These candidates can consider bachelors and master’s degrees in the streams closely associated with their work field.
- These candidates must be learned in management skills and preferably in one or more foreign languages.
Kitchen Manager Education Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
The prospective kitchen managers must possess following degrees and certifications:
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business management, business administration, hotel management or any closely associated subjects.
- These candidates can also pursue certificate level courses in kitchen management, culinary skills, catering, and food service management.
- Certifications in kitchen management can be attained by passing Foodservice Management Professional (FMP) examination offered by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation.
Kitchen Manager Education Qualification and Training:
Although there are no stringent educational requirements to become a professional kitchen manager, but these candidates are required to possess certain requisite skills to perform their job responsibilities successfully. These candidates can consider certificate level courses to gain necessary experience and to develop requisite skill set. One of the most important skills required by these candidates includes communication and interpersonal skills so that they can effectively communicate with their peers and subordinates. These candidates are also required to possess excellent management skills to manage all the staff members in the kitchen. These candidates should also learn basic business ethics, such as accounting and marketing skills. All these qualities add an edge to the resume of the candidates aspiring for kitchen manager’s job.
Kitchen Manager Education Colleges and Universities:
Kitchen Manager Education Wages and Salaries:
The salaries of kitchen managers fall in between the range of $35,000 – $70,000 depending on their education qualifications and job experience.
Category: Hospitality Education Requirements