IT Systems Administrator Education Requirements
IT systems administrator education requirements are those qualifications that a person must have if he wants a job in the information technology administration of an organization. This job is similar to a network administrator and the professional is responsible for providing support to the different types of network systems like LAN, WAN, internet, intranet within an organization.
Since it is a highly technical field, the educational requirements for this job should be such that the candidate has a degree in computer science and information science which will help him handle matters related to security, operation and maintenance of the network and the equipment associated with it.
It Systems Administrator Education Requirements:
- At high school level you should be keen on subjects like computers, math, science etc which will be needed at the undergraduate level
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science and network administration is required which will give you knowledge on areas like programming, security, database management etc
- There are many certification programs available and while they are not necessary, it is better if we keep ourselves updated in vendor specific courses
IT Systems Administrator Degrees, Courses And Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as an IT systems administrator can choose to study the following courses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Network Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science
IT Systems Administrator Qualification And Training:
After finishing your studies, you should keep updating your skills but completing various certification programs related to Cisco, Microsoft or Sun because technology keeps changing every day and you must be up to date regarding all the technical advancements in this field to do your job properly.
IT Systems Administrator Colleges And Universities:
IT Systems Administrator Wages And Salaries:
The average annual salary in this field is $66,000 and some companies pay more than $100,000 a year.
Category: Administration Education Requirements