Information Security Analyst Education Requirements
Data lost and computer hacking has been on the rise for the last few years and to protect a company’s or working entity’s computer systems and networks from threats, information security analysts are hired. These computer experts and security analysts strengthen networks and avoid security breach. These individuals protect a company’s information and data from theft and can protect it against attacks.
Information security analysts are employed in a number of industries but mainly in banking, financial companies, governmental agencies and healthcare companies. They must possess good amount of IT knowledge and security plans to be able to do this job well. The following is a detailed description of an Information security analyst’s education requirements.
Information Security Analyst Education Requirements:
An information security analyst must fulfil the following educational requirements:
- An aspiring IT security analyst must first complete high school education from a recognized school.
- The candidate must then complete bachelor’s level education in computer science, IT or any other related field.
- Courses in engineering, programming or a related field can also help.
Information Security Analyst Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
To become an Information Security Analyst, one must fulfill the following given degree, courses and certification related requirements:
- High school diploma or certification from an accredited school is a mandatory requirement to enter this field of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, Information Technology or a related are is compulsory.
- Master’s degree in any one of the above said subjects can also be useful but not compulsory.
- There are many diploma courses available in the field of security analysis which too can be taken up to become an information security analyst.
Information Security Analyst Qualification and Training:
In order to find a job as an information security analyst, a person requires the above said education but theory along doesn’t help. He/she must gain some training and experience of eliminating threats and fighting cyber-attacks from hostile parties. For this, internships can be done or training can be obtained by working at a company for a short duration of time. One can pursue training courses and gain certification in addition.
Information Security Analyst Colleges and Universities:
Information Security Analyst Wages and Salaries:
Any person who is employed as an information security analyst at a company or workplace can expect to take home a salary of $77990 on an average in one year but this figure is expected to increase in the coming years.
Category: Analyst Education Requirements