Help Desk Analyst Education Requirements
A help desk analyst is a professional who is like a link between people who use computers and the information technology (IT) department. They are technicians who help to solve any computer related problems that the customers may have and also find out what is the issue.
They give instructions either on the phone or through email about the installation, maintenance, use of new software or hardware and for any kind of troubleshooting. Sometimes their representatives also have to travel to assist the clients in person. The basic educational requirement for this post is an associate’s degree in computer application or IT although some companies prefer a master’s degree.
Help Desk Analyst Education Requirements:
- You first need to finish high school and have an interest in subjects like computers and math
- Then you can do an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, computer engineering etc to get technical knowledge about the field
- You may also have to get further trained in different areas like the Windows operating systems, word processing software, different types of hardware and peripherals and networking
Help Desk Analyst Degrees, Courses And Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as a help desk analyst can choose to study the following courses:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology
Help Desk Analyst Qualification And Training:
Besides completing basic education, you will also need to get certified in special languages or products of Cisco (Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician), Microsoft or Oracle so that you can provide solutions on any issues related to these companies
Help Desk Analyst Colleges And Universities:
Help Desk Analyst Wages And Salaries:
A help desk analyst gets an average salary of $47,000 a year and it can go up depending on the state and company.
Category: Analyst Education Requirements