Ground Instructor Certificate Requirements
Many people are of the opinion that in order to attain a ground instructor certificate it is essential to have a pilot’s certificate and knowledge about aeronautics. You may attain ground instructor’s certificate even without fulfilling these conditions. However there are certain requirements for attaining ground instructor certificate. The details for the same are mentioned in detail in this article.
Requirement for Attaining Ground Instructor Certificate
- The first and foremost requirement for attaining a ground instructor certificate is that the candidate’s age should be 18 years or above.
- The candidate should have a high school diploma with good grades.
- The candidate must be able to understand, speak, read and write the English Language.
- The candidate basically needs to clear two examinations for acquiring this certificate. One of these examinations is FOI which is the short for Fundamentals of Instructing. However, taking this examination is not required in case you already have a flight instructor certificate or a current teachers certificate which authorizes you to educate the 7th grade or higher. Taking this examination is not even essential for the candidates presently teaching at an accredited university or college.
- The candidates who are required to give this examination need to submit $ 150 which is the cost of this examination. The cost for this examination may be subject to change.
- It is also essential to clear another test which is the appropriate knowledge test which is for the instructor rating sought. The cost for this examination is also $ 150 and this cost may also be subject to change.
- Once the candidate gives both these examinations he needs to take the score report to the local FSDO.
- The candidate also needs to take the application for the certificate along with the score report to the local FSDO.
- The candidate is also required to submit the required documents.
Category: Certificate Requirements