Food Inspector Education Requirements
A food inspector education must equip him with all the professional skills and knowledge required to fulfill their job requirements effectively and efficiently. The food inspectors are the professionals who are responsible for monitoring the food manufacturers, processors and food distributors, and are required for adhering to the safety & sanitation policies. These candidates must be educated with intensive knowledge about food safety issues.
The food inspector’s education must develop the candidates with sharp observation techniques and methodologies, which will help them to perform their job responsibilities very effectively.
Food Inspector Education Requirements:
- The candidates aspiring to become food inspectors must have passed high school with science stream.
- These candidates are required to possess bachelors or master’s degree in health or science related subjects.
- One of the mandatory requirements, to become a food inspector is to obtain necessary training from USDA Inspection Training Program
- These candidates are also required to possess valid driver’s license, as they are required to travel to various places for inspection.
Food Inspector Education Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
Prospective food inspectors are required to possess following degrees and certifications, in order to successfully perform their job responsibilities:
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health, health safety procedures, biology, engineering, chemistry or any other closely related stream.
- Master’s degree in subjects like industrial hygiene, health physics, industrial safety procedures or in any other related field.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification credential offered by Board of Certified Safety Professionals.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification credential offered by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene.
- Occupational Health and Safety Technologists (OHST Certified Loss Control Specialists (CLCS), Construction Health and Safety Technicians (CHST), and Safety Trained Supervisors (STS) certification credential offered by the Council on Certification of Health, Environmental, and Safety Technologists.
- Certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE) certification credential offered by the Indoor Air Quality Association
Food Inspector Education Qualification and Training:
Food inspectors are required to participate in the practical training programs in order to develop the requisite skill set and to understand their work requirements & environment. These hands on training programs focus on imparting necessary knowledge about food rules and regulations, and about identification of food safety and sanitation violations that may lead to the contamination of food.
Food Inspector Education Colleges and Universities:
Food Inspector Education Wages and Salaries:
The food inspectors earn an average salary between the range of $ 30,000 – $65,000 depending on the certifications and experience possessed by these candidates.
Category: Hospitality Education Requirements