Food and Beverage Manager Education and Job Requirements
Food and Beverage Manager Requirements
The food and beverage manager is entrusted with the job of maintaining the inventory of food and beverage. He or she is supposed to keep the hotel or restaurant well stocked in food, beverage, crockery, cutlery, glassware and cooking utensils. The job also requires submission of report regarding the amount that was spent on the above mentioned substances. The educational and job requirements for this post are given below.
Food and Beverage Manager Educational Requirements:
- A candidate should have completed his hotel management degree.
- A candidate with certifications and diplomas in food and beverage category will be preferred.
- Any additional diploma in the related filed will surely have an edge over the others.
Food and Beverage Manager Job Requirements:
- Proficiency in communication and math skills is imperative.
- The ability to work in a team and supervising the subordinates is also an essential skill.
- The ability to work in shifts and odd hours is required.
- He or she should ensure that the guests receive proper and consistent products or services.
- The candidate should be quick in making decisions and should be able to work in a fast paced environment do attain the goals.
- He or she should be good in implementing a plan of action to push up sales which might include booking appointments, researching sales leads etc.
Category: Hospitality Education Requirements