Drug Enforcement Administration Education Requirements
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is a field where the agents are given the right training and knowledge on how to investigate drug related crimes. They are responsible for enforcing laws on drugs and illegal substances, seek out organizations and people who indulge in drug trafficking and root out such activities by arresting them and putting them behind bars.
It has strict recruitment processes and hence the educational requirements for this job is such that after finishing high school, you have to get a bachelors degree, preferably in subjects like criminology, political science, psychology, economics etc and then get specialized training so that you can tackle drug cries specifically.
Drug Enforcement Administration Education Requirements:
- You need to have a high school and a bachelors degree with any major subject
- Although there is no fixed criteria of what your major must be, it is better if you study criminal justice, psychology, economics, chemistry, computer or any foreign languages
- Those selected will have to undergo a DEA special agent training program which will include both academic and physical training
Drug Enforcement Administration Degrees, Courses And Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as a drug enforcement administrator must possess one or more than of the following degrees and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
Drug Enforcement Administration Qualification And Training:
Once the student is selected for the DEA training program, he has to undergo basic agent training consisting of 84 hours and has areas like defense tactics, physical agility, strength training, firearms, communication and fact examination techniques etc
Drug Enforcement Administration Colleges And Universities:
Drug Enforcement Administration Wages And Salaries:
The average salary of a drug enforcement administrator is $50,000 a year but higher level special agents can get over $90,000.
Category: Administration Education Requirements