Crime Scene Analyst Education Requirements
A crime scene analyst is someone who works with law enforcement officers at the state or federal level to examine a scene where any crime has occurred to get vital clues that will lead them to capture the culprit by collecting evidence samples like hair, tissue, DNA or weapons, fragments etc from the scene.
This is a specialized field and crime scene analysts are basically forensic scientists who are trained on how to detect, collect and preserve the samples for criminal investigation. Along with getting educated in forensic science, these professionals must be very attentive and have an eye for details because they play a big role in capturing the culprit.
Crime Scene Analyst Education Requirements:
- You should have an interest in subjects like science, biology, chemistry, math, physics etc at the high school
- After that get your bachelor’s degree in forensic science or forensic anthropology
- Most students also go for a master’s or doctoral degree to improve their knowledge
- The subjects that are covered in these courses are areas like criminal justice, DNA profiling, fingerprint examination, molecular biology and biochemistry
Crime Scene Analyst Degrees, Courses And Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as a crime scene analyst can choose to study the following courses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Forensic Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropological Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Forensic Biology
- Master’s degree in Forensic Science
- Doctoral degree in Anthropological Science
Crime Scene Analyst Qualification And Training:
There are many professionals who do not have a background in science but have pursued a 4-years course in subjects like criminology, criminal justice and chemistry and then getting trained in criminal evidence analysis.
Crime Scene Analyst Colleges And Universities:
Crime Scene Analyst Wages And Salaries:
A crime scene analyst gets an average salary of $51,570 although those working with the federal agencies can be $96,000 a year.
Category: Analyst Education Requirements