Catering Manager Education Requirements
A person who is in charge of the total manoeuvre of a catering service that involves the management of the catering service during various events is called as a Catering Manager. A candidate who wants to become a successful catering manager should be able to resolve customer complaints effectively. He is trained to manage human resources such as hiring, staffing, training, etc. He must be able to make necessary arrangements before and post event. A catering manager should always be ready to take feedbacks from clients and act accordingly. He should be able to maintain good cliental relationships to deliver a successful catering service.
Catering Manager Education requirements
- A candidate should pass a high school with acceptable grades.
- A candidate should obtain a degree in Management or should be a graduate from a top university or have a minimum of 2 years work experience related to catering.
- It is must for a candidate to obtain managerial skills.
- A candidate should have a Catering Certificate and an internship in any local company can be a weight-age.
- Catering management and Hospital management certifications is a must and can be an additional advantage.
- Must be able to speak and write English well.
Catering Manager Degrees, Courses and Certifications
Candidates can choose among the following degree courses:
- Diploma in Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Tourism – 1 Year.
- B.Sc. in Hotel and Catering Management.
- M.Sc. in Hotel and Catering Management.
- MBA in Hospitality Management.
- NACE and CPCE certification.
Catering Manager Qualifications and training
A catering manager is person who is involved in improving perfect delivery of services. He prepares his own guideline on par with the notifications to the client. Some candidates start their career with kitchen assistants, chefs, cooks or catering assistants. The institute of hospitality offers associate memberships to Assistant Catering Managers. This certificate is designed for first line managers and supervisors who have the aspiration to go up to higher levels. The candidates are trained to broaden their hospitality and management skills and it also provides the necessary knowledge that a person should attain at that position.
Catering Manager Colleges and Universities
Catering Manager Wages and Salary
Catering managers can earn their livelihood by doing their favourite thing that is cooking. Their salary ranges from $30,000 to more than $50,000 depending on the experience. Catering managers are in very high demand today. This can lead to more and more and employment in the coming future.
Category: Hospitality Education Requirements