Business Lawyer Education Requirements
Business lawyers are required for providing legal services to various business institutions and clients related to companies. The education is important in order to succeed in this field. The business lawyer must not only be a graduate but also needs to acquire a state licensure. The greater the educational qualification the better is the chance for hiring by different law firms. He is required to be adept in all legal business and court procedures. There are law schools that offer graduate, post graduate and doctorate courses in this field. It is important to gain sufficient knowledge and training to establish oneself in business law.
Business Lawyer Education Requirements:
- A business lawyer needs to first pass in the law school admissions test (LSAT) in order to get into a reputed graduate school. This will give him a general educational base through which he can gain knowledge pertaining to the various legal branches. From here, he can decide which law to pursue for specialization in advanced courses.
- The master in business law is very important and is a minimum requirement for most employers. Here the student pursues a specialized field that deals with trade law, employment law, bankruptcy and taxation. All of these are highly necessary for practicing business law.
- The aspiring candidate should also pursue a doctorate from a reputed law school. This will give him further knowledge in courses like contracts, filing briefs, civil procedures etc. There are also electives like legal writing, professional skills and ethics that can be taken up.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB)
Business Lawyer Degrees, Courses and Certification:
- Master of Law (LLM)- Business Law
- Juris Doctorate(J.D)
- Licensing in American Bar Association
- Certification in Contract making, legal writing.
Business Lawyer Training and Qualification:
The training is important for a divorce lawyer as well as the educational qualification. Most law schools offer sufficient internship and training courses needed for gaining experience. There should be adequate amount of training for every business lawyer in order to be adept in different business contracts, taxation policies, review business documents, legal documents, briefing and court filing procedures. It is important to apply the knowledge to a more practical level to ensure that there is no margin for error. The higher the academic qualification, the better and this should be backed by proper training experience from local law firms and business institutions as well.
Business Lawyer Colleges and Universities:
Business Lawyer Wages and Salaries:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual income for a business lawyer is $129,440.
Category: Legal Education Requirements