Budget Analyst Education Requirements
The role of a budget analyst is to do the budgeting for the period concerned according to the cash projections and sales forecasting done by other departments in the organization. The budget analyst should be extremely good at using the finance knowledge to the best advantage of the firm. Candidates should possess education in the discipline of finance in order to become a good budget analyst. Candidates should know that the budgeting is one of the important exercises undertaken by the firm and any changes done in the budgeting can affect the growth and profitability of the firm. Candidates should also know how to account for various income and expenses in the budgeting. The following points are provided for candidates who are considering aiming for the role of a budget analyst in the short term or long term in their career.
Budget Analyst Educational Requirements
- Candidates who would like to become a budget analyst should preferably possess education in business administration with specialization in Finance.
- Candidates would need to be extremely skillful at using the concepts of corporate finance in work situations.
- Candidates should take various parameters into consideration while doing the budgeting for the year. They should also be able to be precise and as accurate as possible.
Budget Analyst Degree, Courses, and Certifications
Candidates whose aim is to become a budget analyst can target the following relevant courses in order to be eligible to apply for this position:
- Master of Business Administration, Finance
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Corporate Finance
- BS in Business Administration – Finance
- BBA – Banking Concentration
- Diploma in Accounting
Budget Analyst Qualifications and Training
Candidates who have completed their education in finance can empower themselves with additional skills if they pursue career in financial management, equity markets, and accounting among others. Candidates should try to gain hands-on experience in these courses.
Budget Analyst Colleges and Universities
Budget Analyst Wages and Salaries
Candidates can work as budget analysts in sectors like government, education sector, government contractor firms, military or armed forces institutes, health care firms, etc. Around 46% of the population working in the United States as budget analysts has 3-4 years of relevant full time work experience. Candidates who would like to work as budget analysts can look forward to earning a compensation of about $38,000 to $86,000 per annum. The median salary is around $58,000 per annum. These estimates are as per the Pay Scale website.
Category: Analyst Education Requirements