Biotechnology Research Scientist Education Requirements
A biotechnology research scientist is someone who conducts research in the field of biotechnology, that is, a subject which deals with the study of the various properties of living organisms and how can they be used for the development of different types of products to be used for varied purposes. Research is a very important part of this field and scientists are engaged in a researching and studying a wide variety of ways of combining bio sciences and their practical usage.
A biotechnology scientist working for a pharmaceutical company plays a crucial role in finding out medicines and other solutions to a particular illness whereas another one my find out more productive ways to boost agriculture.
Biotechnology Research Scientist Education Requirements:
- It is important to pursue both bachelor’s and master’s degree if you want to be a biotechnology research scientist
- Any form of research needs the candidate to do graduate studies or pursue doctoral studies
- At the lower level, you can take subjects like biology, botany, zoology, life sciences, bio sciences, math, chemistry and physics which will make you base strong
- You can supplement your main course by studying additional subjects like molecular biology, applied chemistry, genetics, microbiology etc
Biotechnology Research Scientist Degrees, Courses and Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as a biotechnology research scientist can choose to pursue the following courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Associate of Science in Biotechnology
- PhD training program
Biotechnology Research Scientist Qualification and Training:
A biotechnology research scientist needs to finish his undergraduate studies and then start his graduate course. During the course of that or after finishing it, he can apply to work as a research scientist, a path mainly followed by PhD students. You can also work as a research assistant with a biotechnology company or the R&D department of a pharma company to get more experience. You should also develop your organisational and analytical skills and have an eye for details. One needs to be patient and dedicated and be aware of the various regulatory policies and safety codes to do the job well.
Biotechnology Research Scientist Colleges and Universities:
Biotechnology Research Scientist Wages and Salaries:
A biotechnology research scientist earns an annual starting salary of $47,000 and this can go up to $106,000 a year as he gains more experience.
Category: Research Education Requirements