Agriculture Teacher Education Requirements
Agricultural teachers work in schools, colleges and universities and train students on subjects related to farming, agricultural, soil science, etc. Candidates who are eyeing the career option as an agricultural teacher would find it advantageous if they possess education in agriculture related subjects like plant sciences and horticulture among others. They should have certification in Bachelor of education to be capable to start teaching in educational institutions.
The skills that are expected from a prospective agricultural teacher are good teaching skills, extensive knowledge in agriculture, and good management skills. The following are some of the educational requirements, degree courses and certifications, qualifications and training, wages and salaries pertaining to the career option of an agricultural teacher.
Agriculture Teacher Educational Requirements
- In order to become an agricultural teacher, candidates must possess education in agricultural studies like forestry management, agriculture technology, etc.
- Candidates should at least complete their graduation in the above courses and try to pursue specialized degrees in them.
- Candidates who would like to be eligible for the position of an agricultural teacher should try to complete their certification or training courses under institutions that are recognized by state governments.
- Specialized certification courses are also available to be pursued. Candidates must try to gain knowledge by enrolling into such courses.
Agriculture Teacher Degree, Courses, and Certifications
The following are some of the recommended courses in order to become an agriculture teacher. These courses are available in many leading universities in the US.
- Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration – Agriculture
- Graduate Certificate in College Teaching
- Doctor of Education – Teaching & Learning – Plant Sciences
- AA in Agricultural Sciences
- MA in Agricultural Studies
Agriculture Teacher Qualifications and Training
Candidates can obtain additional qualifications and training in education administration, agricultural sciences, horticulture, etc. Candidates should focus on obtaining the education and apply them on actual situations.
Agriculture Teacher Colleges and Universities
Agriculture Teacher Wages and Salaries
Candidates who would like to become an agricultural teacher should try for job opportunities in agriculture specific colleges and universities. According to the salary estimates by Pay Scale and released in the form of the National Salary data, the annual compensation of an agricultural teacher ranges between $25,000 and $80,000 per year. The median salary is about $55,000 per annum. These salary estimates are taken from the Pay Scale website that has conducted extensive study in the US and has represented the analysis in the form of the National Salary data.
Category: Agriculture Education Requirements