Accounting Director Education Requirements
An accounting director or the director of accounting is the head or manager who supervises all the accounting work in a company and makes sure that all the rules and regulations are followed by the employees. One needs to have very good analytical skills and knowledge of the field along with work experience to reach this position.
The educational requirements for this job should be such that he gets to know about the various principles of accounting, the laws of the country, how to plan the budget of the company, ensuring the SEC gets the right financial figures and in general be aware of the economic trends in the world.
Accounting Director Education Requirements:
- You first need to get your bachelor’s degree in any liberal arts subjects as a major or a business field like finance, accounting etc
- After that for a position like this it is important to get a master’s or doctoral degree in subjects like accounting, business management, business administration, finance and auditing
- Once you complete your studies, you also need to have a certified public accountant (CPA) or certified internal auditor (CIA) license to be able to practice
Accounting Director Degrees, Courses And Certifications:
The candidates who look forward to pursue their career as an accounting director can choose to study the following courses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- Master’s degree in Business Management
- Master’s degree in Finance and Auditing
Accounting Director Qualification And Training:
Even after you start working, you will need to pursue CPE or continuing professional education to get a better salary or a promotion. You should also get a CPA license.
Accounting Director Colleges And Universities:
Accounting Director Wages And Salaries:
An accounting director can earn an average salary of $99,000 a year which can go up to $137,020 a year.
Category: Accountant Education Requirements